Hey babes! Today I am back with a super simple breakfast solution when you’re in a rush OR if you’re like me and you have zero desire to scrub a pan. I’m talking about single serving microwavable scrambled eggs. Yep – this is really happening. Not only does this breakfast take 2 minutes to make, it’s super delicious and you can even grab your mug of scrambled eggs to eat in the car.
You likely have all of these ingredients right in your house and the recipe is totally versatile. You can add in some ham, fresh veggies, and substitute in some egg whites for an extra protein punch!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Go and grab your favorite coffee mug, some oil to grease it with, a fork for stirring, a few eggs, salsa (or additional add-ins), cheese (optional), milk (you can substitute with almond milk), and of course a microwave!
Easy peasy! Now you can’t give ANY excuses for not eating breakfast, okay? Heck, you can even do this at the office! All of your friends will be so jelly by your steaming plate of scrambled eggs. If you’re not an egg person – check out some of my other breakfast recipes.
- 2 large eggs (or 1 large egg and 2 egg whites)
- 1 T salsa
- 1 T milk (or almond milk)
- 1 T shredded cheese
- Optional Add-ins - Fresh veggies, ham, turkey
- Olive Oil Spray
- Spray/grease a coffee mug with olive oil.
- Crack eggs into coffee mug.
- Add in salsa, milk, salt/pepper.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove coffee mug and stir egg mixture. Add in cheese.
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove coffee mug and stir eggs again.
- Eat out of mug or transfer to a plate.
If you are using egg whites you will have to microwave for longer. It's usually 1:20 then stir and another 1 minute.