Let me breakdown all the reasons why I love 4th of July…
1. Family parties
2. The color red (seriously what blonde doesn’t look good in red?!)
3. “oohing” and “ahhing” over fireworks
4. Warm weather (it takes until the 4th to forget the trauma of winter)
5. Playing bags (maybe this is just a Midwest thing!?)
6. Playing with sparklers
7. Patriotism – I love how everyone seems just a little more united on this day
8. DESSERT (ok this is food too, but it honestly deserves its own category).
So you get my point here… 4th of July ROCKS. For these reasons and many more I look forward to this holiday every year. So, in celebration of America turning another year older, I’ve prepared your dinner for you (I know, I’m pretty fantastic). Well technically, I’ve done all the labor of making and testing out delicious healthy recipes so you can just print them out and head to the grocery store.
On the menu?
– Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
– Summer Salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, peaches)
– Loaded Potato Salad (healthy… of course)
– Low Fat Coleslaw
– Baked Beans (one of my favorites of the course)
For Dessert – Patriotic Muffins.
All of the recipes are hubby approved, quick, and delicious! Now put down those nachos, click the links above and get cookin’!
Happy 4th of July to you and your family!