Happy Friday! I wanted to quickly share one of the most revolutionary recipes I’ve tried to date – simply because there are minimal ingredients and it’s a way to kick my sweet tooth and obsession for ice cream. If you love ice cream just as much as I do and if you’re looking for ways to cut calories or sodium – this is the perfect solution!
You don’t even necessarily need to eat this as “dessert”. You can totally eat this for a quick snack or indulge in some family fun and make this recipe with your kids. Any way you decide to eat this – make sure to freeze extras – you’ll be kicking yourself later when your cravings kick in 🙂
- 1 Banana
- Dash of almond/skim milk OR water (if you prefer non-dairy)
- Optional: any add ins - cinnamon, chocolate chips, peanut butter, etc - I used PB2 (dehydrated peanut butter)
- Put banana in freezer until frozen (you can cut up before and put in tupperware or put directly in freezer with skin still on) - usually takes about 3 hours.
- Take Banana out of freezer and let dethaw for about 5-10 minutes just so it's a little soft (but not completely dethawed).
- Peel banana (or skip this step if it's already cut up).
- Chunk banana and throw into blender - add a dash of almond milk or water and any of your additional ingredients.
- Blend until banana is consistency of ice cream - should be smooth (not runny and not super icy)
- Enjoy the deliciousness of being healthy!